Thursday 12 July 2012

We Have A Winner!!!

Congratulations to Katie Wilkinson!!! You have won a (huge!!) signed Lauren Kate poster!

Here is your entry for everyone to read;

"I absolutely adore Lauren Kate's books because ever since i picked it up from my school library in year 7 i have been addicted. The first day i saw it i thought wow i love that book cover and then i read the blurb and it looked so interesting i took it home and started reading it. I read the first chapter which got me really interested and I finished the book in 2 days and im telling you honestly it changed my life forever. I then searched for the next book and i found Lauren Kate’s website. I got hooked onto the series and my family couldn’t believe how committed i was to it. But it wasn't just any old book, it was my book that i had found i could escape too in my imagination, because the book was so beautifully detailed. When i got ‘Torment’ and ‘The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove’ I finished ‘Torment’ in two days and then went on to read 'The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove' which i read in one day. In year 8 i started D.T and my teacher told us we had to make a travel board game but with any theme. I thought about it for about 2 days and
that's when it hit me. I could be the first person to make a fallen board game. The book had inspired me so much that i started planning at home, and then at school. I didn't like my first draft of what the board game looked like so i re-did it until i was happy with the design. I then made a box, rules, and counters and made it at the best of my ability. The aim of the game was to go around the board and collect points. When you got to a certain amount of points you won. However as you go around the board game it tells the story of what happens to Luce in 'Fallen'. I am proud of my board game and the next year i kept track of Lauren kate's website's, blogs, Facebook page and also google+, and when she brought out Passion, Fallen in Love and the last book in the series rapture, i counted down the days for each one. Then when she put her tour dates for Rapture up on her website i checked straight away on Google earth which was the closest to my home. The nearest one was---> Saturday 7/5: UNITED KINGDOM!12:00 pm – 2:00 pm at Waterstones –Bluewater, Greenhithe, Kent DA9 9ST....it turns out it was about an hour away so i ran downstairs with my fingers crossed hoping and wishing my parenst said yes and when they d ii screamed. When the day came, me and my parents got up at 7 and drove to the event. When we got there i asked a man who worked there, where Waterstone's was and he guided me there. No one was even there when i got there and i realised i was first in line to get all my books signed. I was talking about 'The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove' when i realised it was the one book i forgot and was at home. So because i wanted all my books signed by her i rang my parents and asked them to go to Whsmith to buy me the book as the Waterstones had run out of that specific book. My parents bought the book for me and I was so excited. If i had to describe the ‘Fallen’ series, it would be 'Unique, mysterious and Inspirational' as it did inspire me to make a board game. When i met Lauren Kate i got her to sign my kindle, all my books, to take a photo with me and to sign my note pad. When i said bye to her and as i walked away i started to cry with happiness. I was literally blubbering like a baby and because i was so happy my mum started to cry because she had never seen me so happy.I will always love The fallen series as it opened my eyes to a new type of love i never knew could even exist. Lauren Kate is beautifully brilliant and really nice in person and i hope she never stops writing because she hasn’t just inspired me, but everyone who has read her series."




Well done Katie! Your passion and dedication is inspiring, if you send me an email to yabluewater@gmail.com then we can sort out getting the poster on it's way to you.

Thank you to everyone who entered!!!! I have loved reading your comments. Keep checking back as we will be having more giveaways soon, plus there are loads of reviews on the way too!

See you next post

Kaylie :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, write your thoughts down! :-)